1.30.2013

Busy Mom Attempts to Meditate & Be Mindful for 10 Minutes: Crash & Burn!


I lay down

Relax

Empty my mind

Think about my breathing

Start with my toes.  Up I go next…. to the soles of my feet.

Nice.

Then to my heels.

Heels….. Shoes….

I wonder if I remembered to pack my daughter’s shoes in her bag today. Her indoor soccer sneaks. The one with the neon laces. And her water bottle. Did I forget that too? Who is picking her up again?

Breeeeeeathe. Come back. Center…… Focus……………..

Backs of legs.

Backs of knees.

Feel them against the pillow.

Feel them.

Hey! Look! There’s a Chickadee on the neighbor’s tree outside! Oh my god.

Look how CUTE it is with it’s little, black mask and tinkering, little flutters as it hops from branch to branch………. Birds. I wonder if I remembered to defrost the bird, the chicken for dinner tonight. And, whoa, I never figured out where we would go out to dinner tomorrow night. Mexican? Italian? Pizza?  Yes, I think pizza. We should do pizza….

Uh, re-center. Re-center………………………………………...

Re-center. 

(Re-centering!)

Buttocks. My buttocks are feeling the weight of my breath.

Deeeeeep in breath…. Feeeel the weight of the breath inside of me. Deeeeeeeep out breath……………

Deep in….

Deep out………….

Oh, crap, I really should write that down quickly so I don’t forget. Where’s my phone.

California Pizza Kitchen.  6pm.

That’s where should go tomorrow night. They have that great, big, chop salad and…........ Oh, geez, salad. Yeah, I really should stop by Whole Foods on the way home from rehearsal tonight and pick up some fresh greens. The kids have been living on defrosted stuff for days now…............. And, fresh. Isn’t it called scurvy when kids don’t eat enough fresh veggies. I think I remember that from back in high school, was it freshman year bio? Or maybe sophomore year? The year where we learned all about fruit flies and petri dishes and then we had to pee in that beaker and we all stank for days…......... I better Google it.

Uh.

What was I doing?..................


THE END

Namaste & Mindful Baby Steps to you! –OM

ps. this is based on a TRUE STORY ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment